Thursday, July 31, 2008

Something I heard

I was at home yesterday, I listened to Chanel Islam...I heard something that got me thinking alot

What Makes us Muslim??

Reading our Salaah is the one thing that separates us from the Kuffair / Kaffir (non-believers)

When it comes time to make our Namaaz, we should view it as an important and urgent meeting with our Creator. In life there are many meetings we view as important that we cannot miss - likewise we do the same when preparing to make our Salaah to be in the Court of the Almighty. I used to feel guilty when I was with family and I would want to read my Salaah but for the fear of being the odd one out, I would wait until I got home to offer my Qada'h Salaah...but what got me thinking was why should I feel guilty? Why? Reading your Salaah should be foremost before we do anything else.

Every Muslim needs to know that Salaah is as important as the air that we breath, it sustains us spiritually and gives us a sense of connecting to our Creater... It does not take more than 15 minutes at a time to read one's Salaah.

We should hasten toward reading our Salaah as we do it for our own benefit and the sole pleasure of pleasing our Creator. Remember this Dunyah is a temporary abode and the true enjoyment begins in the Aakirah for every righteous Mum'in.

May Allah (swt) make us amongst those that regularly offer their Salaah and may be be amongst the believers of the Ummah of Nabi (saw) in the day of Qiyama'ah, Aameen

Read your Salaah before your Janaazah Salaah is read...

No comments: