Can one comprehend the greatness of a woman who bears the following credentials?
1. Maternal grandfather – The paragon of Allah Ta‘ala’s creation, Muhammad (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam).
2. Father – The lion of Allah Ta‘ala, Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radhiyallahu ‘anhu).
3. Mother – The queen of paradise, Sayyidah Faatimah (radhiyallahu ‘anha).
4. Brothers – The leaders of the youth of paradise, Sayyiduna Hasan and Sayyiduna Husain (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma).
5. Husband – The great leader of this Ummah, Sayyiduna ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhu).
On the one hand was her brother, Hasan (radhiyallahu ‘anhu), and on the other hand was her step son, ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma) – both illustrious personalities. Finally, at the instruction of Hasan (radhiyallahu ‘anhu), ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma) stepped forward and lead the salaah. (Al-Istee‘aab vol. 4, pg. 510)
Insha-Allah, in the next few parts, various details and incidents from the life of this true role model will be discussed so that we may follow in her great footsteps.
1 week ago