The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
"O God, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man and resurrect me in the company of the poor.." His wife asked him why he said that, and he replied: "Because (the poor) will enter Paradise (before) the rich. Do not turn away a poor man...even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you..God will bring you near Him on the Day of Ressurrection."
Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376.
Have a very good stare at the above picture. Immediate observations are:
1. The wood sticks from which the house is made.
2. The old clothes and plastic bags which are put around the man made house to give privacy to these people
3. The children don’t have shoes
4. Its only one room in some camp. Just one room.
5. No electricity supply or gas supply
6. No running tap in this ‘house’
7. No carpet or fancy flooring
8. How do they sleep? What do they sleep on?
9. No fridge or freezer
10. Finally. ‘Patience and Acceptance’ They are used to this life, they hardly moan. For them, anything they get, they accept without a moan. Look at the state of kids nowadays, if they don’t get anything, into an immediate mood swing or parents are just over spoiling the kids due to their demands.