Friday, March 23, 2012

Intercession of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam






Intercession of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam
Abu Hurayrah radhiyallahu anhu said, “We were with Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam attending an invitation. He picked up the leg (portion of meat), which he liked, and ate some of it. He said, “I will be the master of people on the Day of Qiyaamah. Do you know what that will entail? Allah will gather the first and the last on the same plain so that an observer will be able to see them and a speaker make them hear. The sun will be brought near to them and people will experience such sorrow and distress that they will not be able to bear or endure it. They will say, “Do you not see what a state you are in and what has come to you? Why do you not look for someone to intercede with your Lord on your behalf?” People will say to one another, “Your father Adam!” They will come to him and say, “O Adam! You are the father of mankind. Allah created you with His hand (power) and breathed His spirit (life) into you and He ordered the angels to prostrate to you. He made you dwell in Jannah. Will you not intercede with your Lord on our behalf? Do you not see what we are suffering and what has happened to us?” He will say, “My Lord is angry today with such anger as has never existed before nor will again. He forbade me the tree and I disobeyed. O my soul! My soul! My soul! Go to someone else. Go to Nuh.”

“They will go to Nuh and say, “O Nuh! You are the first of the Messengers to be sent to the people of the earth and Allah called you a thankful slave. Do you not see what we are suffering and what has happened to us?” Will you not intercede with your Lord on our behalf?” He will say, “My Lord is angry today with such anger as has never existed before nor will again. I made a supplication on behalf of my people. O my soul! My soul! My soul! Go to someone else! Go to Ibrahim.”

“They will go to Ibrahim and say, “O Ibrahim! You are the Prophet of Allah and His close friend among the people of the earth. Intercede with your Lord on our behalf. Do you not see what we are suffering?” He will say to them, “My Lord is angry today with such anger as has never existed before nor will again. I told three lies. O my soul! My soul! My soul! Go to someone else. Go to Musa.”

“They will go to Musa and say, “O Musa, you are the Messenger of Allah. Allah preferred you with His message and His Word above all other people. Intercede with your Lord for us. Do you not see what we are suffering?” He will say, “My Lord is angry today with such anger as has never existed before nor will again. I killed a soul which I was not commanded to kill. Go to someone else. Go to ‘Isa.”

“They will go to ‘Isa and say, “O ‘Isa! You are the Messenger of Allah and the one who spoke to Allah which He granted to Maryam and a spirit from Him. You spoke to people while in the cradle. Intercede with your Lord on our behalf. Do you not see what we are suffering?” ‘Isa will say, “My Lord is angry today with such anger as has never existed before nor will again,” and he did not mention a sin. “O my soul! My soul! My soul! Go to someone else. Go to Muhammad.”

In one variant, “They will come to me and say, “O Muhammad! You are the Messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets. Allah has forgiven you your past and future wrong actions. Intercede with your Lord on our behalf. Do you not see what we are suffering?” I will go and arrive under the Throne and fall down in prostration to my Lord. Then Allah will inspire me with some words to praise and laud Him with which He will have inspired no one before me. Then it will be said, “O Muhammad, raise your head. Ask and your request will be granted. Intercede and your intercession will be accepted. Lift your head!” I will lift my head and say, “O my Lord, my Ummah! O my Lord, my Ummah!” It will be said, “O Muhammad, bring in by the right-hand gate of the gates of Jannah those of your Ummah who will not be subjected to any reckoning, and the rest of your community can share the other gates with other people.” Then he said, “By the One in whose hand my soul is, the distance between the two gateposts of the gates of Jannah is as far as between Makkah and Hajar or Makkah and Busra.” (Bukari & Muslim)

No comments: