However, due to your negligence the child may turn out to be weak, sickly and incompetent.
Ponder over The Greatness of Allah Ta’ala
The Muslim mother should ponder over the greatness of Allah Ta’ala. Therefore ponder over the delicate creation taking place within. A kingdom is being created in your womb which is being supported by machinery and small conduits for the blood and soul. Marvell over the power of Allah Ta’ala, He has created a child in three layers of darkness which is beyond the comprehension of man.
Formulate the following intentions:
- I will assign this child for the service of Allah Ta’ala’s Deen.
- I will make him/her a Haafiz of the Quraan and an Aalim of Deen.
- I will instil in him/her the teachings of Allah Ta’ala and the Sunnats of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
- I will make him grow up to be a flag bearer of lslam.
The pious Ulama have written that the actions of a pregnant woman during pregnancy have a profound effect on the expectant child. Hence the expectant mother must abstain from disobeying any commandments of Allah Ta’ala. The Ulama have emphasised emphatically on refraining from backbiting and speaking lies as these two sins impact severely on the unborn child.
Similarty, besides the Faraaidh and Waajibaat, she should continue performing good deeds. She should endeavour to perform other sunnah and mustahab actions. If possible perform other nafal salaah like lshraaq, Chaast, Tahajjud, etc.
Few Important Guidelines
- Once a woman has confirmed her pregnancy she should express her gratitude to Allah Ta’ala for blessing her with this great bounty. Perform two rakaats Salaat-ush Shukr.
- During pregnancy do not see pictures of frightening things such as deformed children, snakes and other frightening animals. Rather look at beautiful things like gardens, flowers, beautiful children, etc.
- Always remain calm and happy. Do not become overcome with grief or worry.
- Recite Qur’aan Shareef in abundance.
Some Health Guidelines
- Avoid eating foods that cause constipation.Avoid eating beans, gram, sesame seeds, carrots, radish and beetroot
- Avoid very hot and very sour foods.
- Grapes, guavas, pineapples, apples, pomegranates, and mangoes are not detrimental to one’s health.
- Walk very carefully. Do not stamp your feet.
- Protect your stomach from unnecessary movement.
- Protect your stomach from cold winds.
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Avoid anger and depression.
- Avoid travelling far distances in the last month of pregnancy.
- Avoid taking much medication especially pain killers.
- Eat Watermelons, melon as it has a 1000 blessings
The Ninth Month of Pregnancy
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes as this affects the blood flow, thereby causing fatigue and nausea.Abstain from wearing high heeled shoes. This affects the spine and may cause back ache.
- Be sure to visit your doctor at least once during the last month of pregnancy.
- Always remember to lie on your side when you are resting as lying on your back reduces the blood flow.
- It is important to supplement your diet with vitamins and iron to meet the extra requirements of pregnancy.
- It is very important for pregnant women to remember that pregnancy is a normal physiological state and not an illness. Hence it is important to remain active during pregnancy.
- The best exercise for pregnant women is swimming and walking. It is important for women to begin pelvic floor exercises after 32 weeks of pregnancy in preparation for childbirth.
- Women should enjoy a healthy diet to ensure that they do not put on excessive weight during pregnancy which may be difficult to lose. They should most certainly not seat for two’.
- As far as possible, breast-feeding your child will ensure that the excess weight does not remain after pregnancy. This is also the healthiest option for your baby.
- Most women are diligent about taking their vitamin supplements during pregnancy and once the baby is born, they forget all about the supplements. It is imperative for all mothers to remember to continue vitamin supplements especially calcium during the breast-feeding period.
- Breast-feeding has advantages for both mum and baby and it is important to persevere even though the first two weeks of breast-feeding can be difficult.
- Exclusive breast-feeding maintains a healthy immune system in the baby and should be continued for two years.
Do not forget to regularly make due for your baby. The dua of a parent for their child is definitely accepted by Allah Ta’ala.