Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Surah Al-Waqiah 56: - (The Imminent Event)

Surah Al-Waqiah 56: - (The Imminent Event) - Part One

With the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Most-Merciful

SPECIAL CHARACTERISTIC OF SURAH AL-WAQIAH: 

Sayyidna Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood's Didactic Story on his Deathbed - lbn Kathir cites a story on the authority of Ibn Asakir from Abu Zabyah that when Sayyidna Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud RA was lying on his deathbed, Sayyidna Uthman RA paid him a visit and the following conversation ensued.

Uthman RA: "What are you suffering from?"
Ibn Masood RA: "from my sins."
Uthman RA: "Do you desire anything?"
Ibn Masood RA: "Yes, Allah's mercy."
Uthman RA: "Shall I call a doctor for you?"
Ibn Masood RA: "It is the doctor who has given me the ailment."
Uthman RA: "May I send you an allowance from the public treasury?"
Ibn Masood RA: "I have no need for it."
Uthman RA: "Accept it, . You are leaving daughters behind you. It will help them."
Ibn Masood RA: "You are worried about my daughters that they must not suffer from poverty. I have no such worry, because I have instructed them to recite Surah Al-Waqi'ah every night. I have heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace Be Upon Him) say, “Whoever recites Surah Al-Waqi'ah every night will never suffer from poverty'."

lbn Kathir, after citing this story from Ibn 'Asak.ir, has supported it with other chains of transmitters and other sources.

No comments: