Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Khadijah bint Khuwailid Radiyallahu Anhaa - Part two



Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam once drew four lines on the ground and then asked the Sahabah, 'Do you know what this is?' They replied, 'Allah and His Rasool know best'. Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam then said, 'The best of the women of Jannah are Khadijah bint Khuwailid, Fatimah bint Muhammad, Maryam bint Imraan and Aasiyah bint Muzahim, the wife of Firawn'. 

Aishah Radiyallahu Anhaa mentioned that she did not envy any wife of Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam more than she envied Khadijah Radiyallahu Anhaa. He used to mention Khadijah Radiyallahu Anhaa often and praise her much. When he used to slaughter a sheep, he would send some of its meat to Khadijah's Radiyallahu Anhaa friends.

Once Aishah Radiyallahu Anhaa was overtaken with envy when Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam praised Khadjia Radiyallahu Anhaa. So Aishah Radiyallahu Anhaa said to him, 'Was she not an old woman, whereas Allah has granted you a better replacement?' He said, 'No. Allah did not grant me a better replacement. She believed in me when people disbelieved. She accepted me as true when people called me a liar. She assisted me with wealth when people deprived me. Allah granted me offspring from her while He deprived me of offspring from others'. Aishah Radiyallahu Anhaa then thought to herself, 'I will never speak evil of her again'.


May Allah (swt) allow us to draw lessons from the Mother of the Believers, Aameen

No comments: