Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beautiful Hadith on Hajj

Beautiful Hadith on Hajj



Ibn 'Umar - Radiyallahu 'anhuma is reported to have said, "I was sitting with the Prophet (peace be upon him) in a mosque in Mina when a man from the Ansar and a man from the Thaqeef came and greeted the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said, "O Messenger of Allah, we have come to ask you a few questions."



So the Messenger said: "If you want I can inform you why you came and what you want to ask, and I will do so, and if you want I will hold back and you can ask me and I will answer you."



They said: "Tell us O Messenger of Allah!"



The Messenger of Allah said: "You have come to me, to ask about the rewards of leaving your house and aiming for the Bait-ul-Haram for the spiritual journey of Hajj and the rewards for praying two Raka'ahs after Tawaf; rewards for going between as-Safa and Marwa; rewards for spending the evening in Mina, and stoning the Jamarah and the rewards for slaughtering an animal and the rewards for performing Tawaf al-Ifadah."



The man said: "I swear by the One who sent you with the truth! This is what I came to ask you about."



The Prophet said: "For leaving your homes aiming for the Bait-ul-Haram, Allah writes for you a reward and wipes off one of your sins.



As for the rewards for performing two Raka'ahs after Tawaf, then it is equivalent to freeing a slave from the children of Ismaeel.



For circuiting of as-Safa and al-Marwa, the rewards are the same as freeing 70 slaves.



As for your staying till the evening in Arafah, Allah descends to the sky of the earth and He boasts about you to the Angels, and says: "My slaves have come to Me, hoping for My mercy, so if your sins were equivalent to the amount of sand or the drops of rain or like the foam of the sea, I will forgive them. So go forth My slaves! Having forgiveness and for what or who you have interceded for."



As for stoning the Jamaarah (the pillars), then for every stone that you throw, it removes a big sin from among the deadly sins.



For slaughtering an animal, the reward will be given by your Lord.



As for shaving your head, there is a reward for every strand of hair that you shaved, and a sin is wiped off by it.



As for you performing Tawaf of the House after all these rituals of Hajj, by the time you are performing Tawaf, no sin will be upon you and an Angel comes and places his hand between your shoulders saying: "Perform good deeds in what you face of the future for verily your past sins have been forgiven."



(Reported by at-Tabarani in his book "al-Kabeer" and by al-Bazaar. Shaykh Al-Albaanee graded it Hassan. Taken from 'Saheeh al-Targheeb wa Tarheeb'. Volume 2, Page 9-10, Hadith number 1112).



---



'Do not look at how small the sin is but instead look at how great is the One that you have disobeyed.'



"I have often regretted my speech - never my silence"


No comments: