Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Test your Islamic Knowledge

Test your Islamic Knowledge



I've decided this is an interesting way to learn more about Islam and gain some knowledge.


Q1. Who was the mother of Ibraaheem, the son the Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam? Ibraaheem passed away in infancy.



Q2. Which Sahabiya'h killed a Jew during the battle of Khandaq and this action caused the enemy in Madinah to fear the Muslims?



Q3. Who was the only person from the Quraish tribe who managed to spot the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam and Abu Bakr Radhi Allahu Anhu during the Hijrah, but his horse sank into the ground as he came closer?



Post your answers and I'll post the correct one's!

7 comments:

Waseem said...

I only know answer to the first question.

Hazrath Khathija Radhi Allahu Anha. She was the only wife to have bore Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam children, I think.

M Junaid said...

First answer is Maria Qupthiya. Most accounts refer to her as a concubine, but since some accounts say that she was a wife of rasoolulah (SAW) I will call place her with the Ummahatul Muhmineen.

second answer is Hazrath Ali (R.A)

Third answer is Suraqah (ibn Malik i think) (R.A)This one was a bit tricky because I didnt come across it in Lings or in Muhammad Ghazalis seerah but I remember reading about him in the Seerah of Hazrath Umar when Hazrath Umar gave him a gift.

Waseem said...

OK my bad

Princess said...

MJ, you are correct for Q1 & 3
The 2nd answer is incorrect.

Waseem, jazakallah for stopping by. Look at it this way, its a way too lean and gain some knowledge.

Kathija RA bore Nabi Sallahu Alayhi Wassallam 3 sons & 4 daughters...Can you name them?

M Junaid said...

my bad - i mixed it up with amr, one of abu sufyans cronies - hazrath Ali killed him in the battle of the trench (Khandaq)
I'm assuming its someone from the bani Qurayza, although I do not know who it is.

small correction Princess - Hazrath Khatija bore the beloved prophet two sons only - Qaasim and Abdullah. I know the names of the daughters so I'l give someone else a chance to answer

Princess said...

MJ you are right and I was going to fix my error - jazakallah for noticing! Nabi Sallahu Alayhi Wassallam's son Abdullah was also known as Al-Tahir / Al Tayyib

Answer to Q2 is Safiyya Radhi Allahu Anha

Princess said...

Kathija RA bore Nabi Sallahu Alayhi Wassallam 4 daughters...Can you name them?

Answers: Zaynab (RA), Rukaiyah (RA), Umme-Kulthum (RA) & Fatimah-as-Zahra'a