Friday, May 29, 2009

I asked...

I asked Allah why I wasn't rich.
H
e showed me a man with the wealth of a thousand kings,
Who was lonely, and had no one to share it with.

I asked Allah why I wasn't beautiful.
H
e showed me a woman more beautiful than any other,
Who was ugly because of her vanity?

I asked Allah why He'd allowed me to become old.
H
e showed me a boy of 16, who lay dead at the scene of a car accident.

I asked Allah why I didn't have a bigger house.
H
e showed me a family of six,
who had just been evicted from their tiny shack,
And were forced, to live on the street.

I asked Allah why I had to work.
H
e showed me a man, who couldn't find a decent job,
Because he'd never learned to read.

I asked Allah why I wasn't more popular.
H
e showed me a socialite with a thousand friends,
Who all left the moment the money and parties were no longer there.

I asked Allah why I wasn't smarter.
H
e showed me a natural born genius,
Serving life in prison for making ill use of his knowledge.

I asked Allah why He put up with a thankless sinner like me.
He showed me THE QURA'AN.

I knew then how much He loved me and the entire Ummah of Nabi (saw).

Remember us in your Dua'as

No comments: