Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The truth behind MXIT's logo


As-Salaaumu-Alaikum

I received this as an e-mail from a colleague, I'm not sure if there is any truth in this...
Have a look, you decide & share your views with me..........






(Allah written in Bukra arabic font)






Dear brothers and sisters



Our Imaan is at stake. Mxit created by a Jew who is using this logo to spite all muslims
Would we give up Islam 4 the sake of Mxit??





Haven't figured out what the other two symbols are or could mean, but the highlighted symbol looks very much like the hebrew number 2



10 comments:

M Junaid said...

Slm. I blogged about this a few weeks ago refuting this stupid idea. I will post the link when i'm near a pc.

Matt said...

Some people get too bored at times to think up such non sense.

This is not where the MXit logo came from.

I bet this guy who created this also listens to music backwards.

Princess said...

MJ - thanks for that :)
Matt - I guess sometimes people just have too much time on their hands...

M Junaid said...

http://concerningmjk.blogspot.com/2008/10/concerning-cokelore.html

::: SPEEDY ::: said...

Salaams,
If you look hard enuff and turn things 10 Degrees -- 170 Degrees around you will always see things differently.Some people just wait to turn things around and start a new "thread".
It so happens that the mixit logo and many others also ( Coke , pepsi , nike , burger king, etc ) logos all look like some Islamic inscriptions if you think they do.
Put this down as one of those hoaxes that should not be passed around or added to your blogs.

Azra said...

People like controversy...and this is really grasping at straws.

And in life perception speaks volumes, people always see what they want to see...cognitive dissonance.

Princess said...

Was-Salaams Speedy

Thanks Speedy / Azra for your comments, I figure some people to do this just to court controversy!

Was something a colleague sent and asked it it's true....

Princess said...

MJ I read your post and thanks for the link.

I figure that this post should be trashed!

Princess said...

Sorry I meant my post should be put in the trash can, cos its just taking up space

ANGEL STAR said...

i like your creaties blog, want learning it ...

Salam,
Angel Star